SADC has 16 member-States:
Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Mauritius, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Union of Comoros.
All 16 Countries are invited for an expected total number of 16-20 teams.
CYBER RANGES will power 3 scenarios:
2 by CERT-MU
1 by Silensec
The ITU Regional Cyber Drills are annual events which serve the purpose of:
– Enhancing cybersecurity capacity and capabilities through regional collaborations and cooperation;
– Enhancing the awareness and capability of countries to participate and contribute to the development and deployment of a strategy for defeating a cyber threat;
– Strengthening international cooperation between Member States to ensure continued collective efforts against cyber threats;
– Enhancing Member States’ incident response capabilities and communication;
– Assisting Member States to develop and implement operational procedures to respond better to various cyber incidents, identify improvements for future planning and CIRT processes and operational procedures.
Only people who have registered with the ITU Office are advised to fill in our registration at the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT: If you have not already registered with the ITU Program Office, please email:
Once validated by the ITU, registered people will be provided access to the ITU 2021 SADC Regional Cyber Drill exercise area in the CYBER RANGES platform (instructions will be provided).
The ITU Cyber Drills are open to National/Governmental/Industry/ Academic CIRTs/CSIRTs.
Each registered country will be represented by a team consisting of two (2) to four (4) participants.
The ITU 2021 SADC Regional Cyber Drill is hosted on the next-generation CYBER RANGES platform by Silensec which supports:
– Large-scale simulated infrastructures
– Realistic simulation environments with live traffic
– Cyber Attack and Adversary Simulations based on latest threat intel
– Partner-driven Scenario Creation and Collaboration
– Scoring participant performance
– Exercising coordination mechanisms, information sharing efforts
– Developing of shared situational awareness, and decision-making procedures.
Ready to complete your registration in order to enter CYBER RANGES and get ready for the ITU 2021 SADC Regional Cyber Drill?
Any registrations submitted through this page will be verified with the ITU Office and once authorized, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with instructions on how to access and use the CYBER RANGES platform and prepare for the ITU 2021 SADC Regional Cyber Drill