This scenario serves as a guide on how to manage firewalls in linux systems.
This scenario contains one virtual machine. This scenario will focus on the following 3 firewalls and wrappers used on major Unix and Linux distributions; iptables, firewalld and ufw.
OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOME:
After completing this scenario you will be able to:
– Identify the correct default firewall for the specified distribution.
– Check service status, stop, start and List firewall rules.
– Whitelist and blacklist ip.
– Whitelist and blacklist a port.
– Whitelist and blacklist services.
In order to get the full benefit from this scenario, it is suggested that you have competencies in the following areas:
Basic Linux usage.
There are no recommended readings for this scenario.
This scenario was created by Lawrence Muchilwa.