This scenario serves as a tutorial on Netcat.
OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOME:
After completing this scenario, you will be able to:
– Know how to install netcat
– Use netcat for manually connecting to open ports
– Use netcat for creating reverse / bind shells
– Use netcat for port scanning
– Use netcat for traffic redirection / portforwarding
In order to get the full benefit from this scenario, it is suggested that you have competencies in the following areas:
– Basic knowledge on TCP/IP Networking
– Basic command line skills on linux and windows
There are no recommended readings for this scenario.
This scenario was created by Michael Ikua